Another neo-liberal item from Monday’s inbox…
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
August 12, 2013
Video: Governor Jeb Bush Outlines Vision for Quality 21st Century Education
On Friday, August 9, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, Chairman of the Foundation for Excellence in Education, addressed the American Legislative Exchange Council’s annual meeting, held last week in Chicago, Illinois.
During his address, Governor Bush outlined his vision for a quality 21st century education system, including:
- Raising academic standards;
- Promoting literacy and ending social promotion;
- Harnessing technology to provide more digital learning options;
- Expanding parental choice in education;
- Strengthening accountability in schools;
- Maximizing taxpayers’ investment in education to improve student outcomes; and
- Recruiting, retaining and rewarding great teachers.
To read a full transcript of Governor Bush’s remarks, please click here.
Many states have embraced these bold reform principles already, and the results speak for themselves. Check out how…
View original post 554 more words